Friday, April 26, 2013

Beginning

I started this blog over three years ago. I never did anything with it. This attempt to change that is mostly borne of severe boredom at work on a Friday afternoon, but it is also something I've been itching to do lately. Writing used to be a release. Now I've even slacked on writing in my journal, despite the huge changes that have happened in my life. Or perhaps because of them. Whatever the case, I need to write again.

Posts will be about whatever I feel like writing about at that moment. They might be the beginning of a story, or they might be a topic I've been mulling over, or they might be from a prompt I found online. I might write every day, I might write once a week, I might find myself forgetting about this blog for another three years. There is no rhyme or reason. There are no fun pictures. There is text that spills from my brain to my fingertips. I won't edit. At least, I'll try not to. That's difficult to accomplish as an editor. It's a portion of my brain I can't turn off. But maybe I'll edit something and post the second version.

I'm not planning on marketing this blog. It's my personal space. It isn't private, so anyone could stumble upon it. Maybe those people will leave feedback. Maybe they won't. This is an experiment for me. For my creative journey. Let's see if it will take me somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment